PDF

Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 2021, 72(4): 403-408

Consumer behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic
[Consumer behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic]

Paulina Helisz, Weronika Gwioździk, Natalia Kaczmarczyk, Beata Całyniuk

ABSTRACT
Background. COVID-19 pandemic poses a significant threat in area of public health. In the light of dynamic increase of infections European countries decided to implement special safety measures in order to stop spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus. Reduction of the activity of shopping galleries, grocery stores and gastronomy directly impacted the change of consumer behaviours.
Objective. The aim of this research was the analysis of consumer behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic regarding the use of gastronomical services, grocery shopping and undertaken safety measures.
Material and methods. The main instrument was original survey conducted on-line in November 2020. The form consisted of metrics and close-ended questions about consumer behaviour during COVID-19 pandemic. 1080 respondents took part in the study (females - 850; men - 230). Results were mapped out in Statistics 13.1 program and graphical representation was prepared in Microsoft Excel.
Results. More than half of respondents were working people (n=629; 58%). Vast majority of working respondents during the study were working stationary (n=304; 48%), while remotely only 33% (n=208). Among young respondents almost half of the group was unemployed (n=158; 45%), while the rest of the group was employed (n=195; 55%). Professional activities in the group of respondents that were still learning was mostly stationary/ physic (n=57; 29%). During the pandemic the stationary form of working switched into remote in every third of respondent (n=307; 28%).
Conclusions. Global pandemic of COVID-19 forced people to change their current behaviours - both consumer and social. Consumers are aware of risks borne by SARS-CoV-2 infection, which may be concluded from undertaken safety measures.

STRESZCZENIE
Wprowadzenie. Pandemia COVID-19 stanowi duże zagrożenie w obszarze zdrowia publicznego. W związku z dynamicznym wzrostem zakażeń, kraje Europy postanowiły wdrożyć specjalne środki ostrożności w celu zahamowania rozprzestrzeniania się wirusa SARS-CoV-2. Ograniczenie działalności m.in. galerii handlowych, sklepów spożywczych oraz gastronomii bezpośrednio przyczyniło się do zmiany zachowań konsumenckich.
Cel. Celem badań była analiza zachowań konsumentów w dobie pandemii COVID-19 dotyczących korzystania z usług gastronomii, zakupów spożywczych oraz podejmowanych przy tym środków ostrożności.
Materiał i metody. Badanie zostało przeprowadzone za pomocą ankiety on-line w listopadzie 2020 roku. Formularz składał się z metryczki i zamkniętych pytań dotyczących zachowań konsumentów podczas pandemii COVID-19.
W badaniu wzięło udział 1080 respondentów (kobiet - 850; mężczyzn 230). Wyniki zostały zmapowane w programie Statistica 13.1, a reprezentację graficzną sporządzono w programie Microsoft Excel.
Wyniki. Ponad połowa respondentów uczestniczących w badaniach stanowiły osoby pracujące (n = 629; 58%), z czego większość pracowała w trybie stacjonarnym (n = 304; 48%), natomiast zdalnie tylko 33% (n = 208). Wśród młodych respondentów prawie połowa grupy była bezrobotna (n = 158; 45%), a pozostała część grupy była zatrudniona (n = 195; 55%). Aktywność zawodowa w grupie badanych nadal się uczących miała głównie charakter stacjonarny lub fizyczny (n= 57; 29%). W czasie pandemii stacjonarna forma pracy zmieniła się na zdalną u co trzeciego badanego (n = 307; 28%).
Wnioski. Globalna pandemia COVID-19 zmusiła ludzi do zmiany dotychczasowych zachowań - zarówno konsumenckich, jak i społecznych. Konsumenci są świadomi zagrożeń, jakie niesie ze sobą zakażenie SARS-CoV-2, o czym świadczą podjęte środki bezpieczeństwa.

Liczba pobrań: 1814